Focusing on You...
Know the expiration dates of your policies to guard against accidental coverage lapse. About 90 days prior to expiration, initiate the renewal of your insurance policies, including shopping around to ensure the best price for your needs and there are no gaps in coverage.
Did You Know?
More than 20% of the lawsuits across both the agency and sole practioner segments are regarding incorrect treatment.
Our solutions have been designed to provide comprehensive liability insurance coverage to behavioral and allied health professionals. We will provide you with peace of mind so you can concentrate on what is really important in your profession, which is “helping others”.
Who We Cover
Our Professional Liability Individual policy covers 54 occupations in behavioral and allied health. For a complete listing, download this pdf.
We do not cover nurses, nurse practitioners, technologists, and physician assistants. Nor do we cover experimental or unconventional treatment activities (i.e. sweat lodges), correctional institution based occupations, and any mental or behavioral health student or professional acting outside the scope of the regulatory environment governing their provision of services.
For our Professional Liability Policy for Behavioral Health Services (Businesses), we offer coverage for corporations group practices and agencies, and nonprofit or for-profit organizations with a legal entity (even a 1-person LLC). We only cover behavioral and mental health occupations. We do not cover:
- Owner applicants with professional degrees and certifications holding no alignment with mental and behavioral health services.
- Medical Doctor Owners, including a psychiatric MD owner.
- Licensed Nurse RN Owners or allied health professional with no mental health service relationship.
- Legal entities that provide adoption and foster care services.
- Legal entities that provide inpatient, overnight care or residential facilities of any kind.
- Legal entities providing withdraw or detox services.
- Legal entities providing over 80% of services in the home of clients.
- Legal entities providing human resources or training services.
- Legal entities with medical or law professionals on staff, except psychiatric service professionals.
Our General Liability policy covers behavioral and allied health occupations for individuals and businesses. We do not cover any other occupation outside behavioral and allied health.
Our Cyber Liability policy behavioral and allied health occupations for individuals only. We do not cover any other occupation outside behavioral and allied health. We do not cover businesses.
Your career is a rewarding one, but helping others can put you at risk to be sued by someone dissatisfied with an outcome.
If a client or visitor is injured at your office, you could be sued and your practice could be at risk – even if you did nothing wrong.
You can be held responsible when confidential client data is copied, transmitted, viewed, or stolen by an unauthorized person.